Wednesday, December 29, 2010

"You are my favorite Day", December 26th

A few days ago, my family and I celebrated "You are my favorite day", the birthday of my husbands grandmother who has been gone for 3 years now.  Her name was Stella, a strong Lithuanian woman who this year would have been 102! 

She always wanted to know what was going on in your life, listening to your stories, taking in every detail. Holy cow, did that woman have a memory!! I was not able to attend the funeral, but my husband and the kids told me of the stories everyone shared, especially all the cousins. Everyone was asked if they would write a little something about her and my daughter wrote about how she always made her feel really special. But this was not a unique experience just for her, it's how she made everyone feel. She gave you her undivided attention as if you were her favorite person in the world, because for that moment you were. And so much so, that everyone secretly held on to the thought that they were her favorite. I think the lesson learned that day is that love does not divide, but multiplies.

So it is my goal, that all of my friends and family feel as special as Stella made all of us feel. Psst, you are my favorite . . . . Love, Kim

1 comment:

PS said...

You are my Favorite.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...