Sunday, January 30, 2011

Foto Friday

The weather is getting warmer and people are starting to mingle about a bit more. This means that the chess players at the Starbucks I frequent are taking it outside. I'm not much of a people photographer and not exactly a shy person, but it can feel a little awkward to ask strangers if they mind I share their personal space. I'm getting over it! But don't let the pictures fool you because although they look deep in thought there was quite a bit of laughing going on. I do find people to be quite interesting and maybe I'll start bringing a journal with me....everyone has a story.

Concentrating.....

I love how the game board is reflected in his glasses.


A friend watching. . .


. . . his friend make a move.
They invited me to come back with or without my camera - maybe I'll even learn how to play chess?


Then it was off to you know where to get some pictures of flowers and such.

Spring has to be one of my favorite seasons, everything renews.


I didn't bring my tripod with me this time and it was just breezy enough to make
it tricky to get a really good focus. But I do love the old fashioned feeling of this one.


 
And I never tire of taking a picture of this gate!!


  And then a little game of hide and seek. As soon as he saw me he ran between two concrete benches with an opening of maybe an inch. This lizard and I had a love hate relationship. I loved that he posed long enough for my camera and he hated that I wouldn't leave!

After I left there it was off to a favorite path that leads to the gulf and one that has a sign that says 'snake and gator habitat' but I have yet to see either one!

Yep that's me and my shadow.


That path led me to this. And you can't see from here but there is a party happening at the end of this pier. Probably about a dozen people fishing, and having fun, and some of which I suspect were playing hookie from work. As a group of them were leaving they asked me to take their picture as long as their wives didn't see it.


 
This was the only catch of the day between about twenty poles hanging over the edge of the pier.  Ask a guy if he caught anything and they are more than happy to take it out of the cooler and pose with it. He wanted to know if it would be on the news. Umm, no. He was wanting me to help him get a sponsor for bass fishing, really?

The next two were actually shot earlier in the week and are one of my favorites to do - silhouettes!


There is this grove of trees that are scattered along a creek and they're covered with Spanish moss. As I was crossing the bridge over the creek as the sun was setting it looked like an enchanted forest. But when I actually got down into the trees the perspective just wasn't the same as it was on the bridge. 


And last but not least I do like the contrast in this one between the soft focus of the trees
and the hard lines of the iron fence.


Wishing you all a great week, and don't forget to take your camera with you. You never know what or who you might run into.

Kim

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Kim - this is my favorite of your photo friday posts. wow - what a week you had. love, love, love the people photos. the chess players are great,but the guy with the fish - that's a great one too. it's hard to expose for dark skin - you did a great job there. i'll probably look at these pics several times this week.

Kim Stevens said...

Thanks Ellen, I really had fun this week too! I really like devoting a whole day to nothing but my camera - it's much more of an adventure that way!

Anonymous said...

Interesting and nice photos!
Kisses.

Kim Stevens said...

Welcome, and thank you for following my blog! hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...