Friday, May 6, 2011

Foto Friday - Some Four Legged Friends

To find the universal elements enough;
to find the air and the water exhilerating;
to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter;
to be thrilled by the stars at night;
to be elated over a birds nest or a wildflower in spring
-
these are some of the rewards of the simple life.

- John Burroughs


The simple life . . . it hasn't felt very simple this week, or I have made it too complicated! I have felt rushed with a million things and the crunch of the end of the school year and I will admit that I was feeling in a bit of a panic about having pictures for today. It's just that I forgot to breathe . . .

When I became still enough I was once again rewarded by the simple things in life, and some of those things just happen to have four legs!



Horses, beautiful and majestic:

I stopped one day this week to take photos of some horses and the owner
so kindly invited me in to take a closer look. It turns out that this big earth we live
on is really just a small world - She happened to be the person that loaned my daughter's
girlfriend a trailer to transport her horse to his new residence!







Tortoise, fruit loving giant:

Then she told me to follow her, that she had something in her backyard I might be interested in.
An African Spurred Tortoise (or sulcata tortoise). They just happen to be the third largest species
of tortoise in the world. This is benny and she is 11 years old and she loves her fruit and veggies!
There is nothing slow about how she eats those stawberries!







Green Anole Lizard, territorial stealth hunter:

And sometimes to capture a photo you too have to become a stealth hunter.
Just for the record, I won the stare down!




Green Frog, quietly camoflauged:

And if you are too busy to see when you look, then you would miss this very
cute tiny green frog. I was lured over by a beautiful orange butterfly to this agapanthus where
even I almost didn't see this! For some perspective, the stalk of this agapanthus is about 1 inch in
diameter. This is one very small frog that I had to resist taking home with me to my garden.








Wishing you all a wonderful weekend filled the the rewards
of a simple life . . . remember to breathe!

Love, Kim
XO





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great shots dear Kim,great!
Kisses and happy weekend.

Katherine said...

And the horses are so perfect for Derby weekend.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I am doing a horse shoot for a friend soon--I loved the first shot--you gave me some great ideas--

I love the little green frog...

Honey from the Bee said...

From the title I thought it was going to be our best friends, but this was a pleasant surprise! Who knew horses had such beautiful eyelashes! I love that first photo of the tortoise with those beautiful red strawberries. I could almost smell them.

Happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

I love your photography... thanks for again letting me stop by.... I loved the horses...but the frogs...I am so glad you found the frogs!

Kim Stevens said...

Thank you so much - I realy appreciate your comments, they give me inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Then your stuck with me...LOL..because I love your photography.... it is so beautiful and the details..
I look forward to what you post next.
Enjoy your day!

Kim Stevens said...

Then it's a deal! See ya Friday ; )

Lisa @FishyFaceDesigns said...

Your on!
Take care!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...