Sunday, December 4, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday


Oh snap, I did the same thing this week,
lather, rinse, repeat.
I shot first, and then I had to seek.

We went to a festival yesterday where I shot over 700 photos!
And since it's already the wee hours of the morning,
I only had time to go through a handful!

But I will be sharing more next week.
And let's just say I had a close encounter with something of a large kind
but that's okay, I really didn't mind!

  I will however be needing new reading glasses . . . .

Onward, to review my find(s)!



1. Portrait: By the time we got to 'the festival' it was completely overcast and very gray. So I was having to
    work really hard to get any good lighting. This bagpipe group is soon going to be on their way to Ireland
    to compete in the world competition!






2. Nostalgic: I don't know any parent who isn't a bit nostalgic over the baby stage! And check out that pram!
    Did you know that word is short for perambulator, thank goodness! ha



3. Time: This guy was wearing all kings of mechanical things so I went over and asked if he had any
    "time pieces", aka a watch. He did and he was happy to strike a pose!





4. Full of light: Oh, I  do have so many 'full of light' beach photos and sunrises etc., but I have a theme going
     here from 'the festival', and these glasses intruments that he played beautiful Christmas tunes on, were
    bathed in an orange glow from the (orange) streetlights.




4. Motion: Dancers, dancing to the pipers. Some were in motion and some were not. And sometimes you
    can use low light to your benefit since low light equals slower speed or blurred motion.      


And since I couldn't decide, I'm including another one of a horned owl coming in to perch.
What a magnificent bird!




Now, to tackle my pre-lit treet, the one that is no longer lighting!

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

Love, Kim
XO


More scavenger hunt items here, with Ashley!



23 comments:

Pieni Lintu said...

Very lovely shots all!!! I really love that baby and the pram!!! Cute!

Patrice said...

Great shots! I can't pick a favorite but I LOVE owls!

Tamar SB said...

These are great, Kim! That baby in that pram is super nostalgic for sure! That owl is stunning!

Kmcblackburn said...

Wow Kim, you completely OUTDID yourself this week!!! Capture after capture is amazing. "Perambulator" seriously? haha. What a gorgeous profile of that button nose that chubby cheeks (the baby...NOT the bagpipe player). So glad you opted for monotone, it fits perfectly! And I love your interpretation of "filled with light". The glow is so soft and warm. But I think my favs are BOTH your motion shots! That first one I just fine it so striking seeing the blurred dance steps in the background. BUT (butt)....did she mind you were taking a photo of her rear-side? haha. And that owl coming in to land...what an amazing capture, perfect timing my friend. I love how you can see the detail of all the feathers. Gorgeous.

Great job!

Kathy

Saun said...

Double WOW, They are totally awesome that watch is just crazy. Good luck on the tree. I had a set that went out it ended up being not plugged in all of the way. Thank goodness

Ashley Sisk said...

Great set - I really love nostalgic and motion.

tiarastantrums said...

wow - that owl shot is A-Mazing!

SarahinSC said...

What an amazing set! Wow! Each one was just stunning!

Rosie Nixon Fluerty said...

Looks like you've a scottish theme going on today Kim with those lovely shots. Loved that cool watch and those scottish dancers.

Hope you get that pre lit sorted..... nothing worse than trying to find the culprit bulb on the christmas tree.

Anonymous said...

Great shots! I love the owl!:)
Lots of greetings!

Leslie Todd said...

Awesome group of photos, Kim! I especially love the owl and the timepiece.

Leslie Todd said...

Awesome group of photos, Kim! I especially love the owl and the timepiece.

Marcie said...

Always fun!! Love seeing what you come up with on your weekly scavenger hunt!

Kathryn Dyche said...

Love the time and motion shots, the owl one in particular is amazing.

Anonymous said...

Love your nostalgic shot....and that owl is awesome.

Light Trigger said...

lovely shots! nostalgic is fantastic! and I love your motion photo!

Thanks for stopping by!

Nancy said...

Okay, that owl shot is just amazing. I need to get in gear for next week's hunt. :)

Marvett Smith said...

Here's the deal. I have a major thing for watches. I see them and I want them. I want that one in the picture!!! Awesome shots. Love the owl too.

Tiffany said...

Love all of them especially the owl. Looks like a great festival and a fun day. Hope all is well.

Tiffany

Reena said...

All wonderful photos but love that horned owl!

hannah said...

Ab Fab,
What a collection of marvellous moments.

Betty Manousos said...

what gorgeous shots!

i really love that baby!

thanks so much for sharing.

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

That was so wonderful, enjoyed each one. Your photos are so lovely and clear.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...