Friday, March 23, 2012

Foto Friday . . . Bestill, my red rose


Bestill the red rose,
as the beauty of it unfolds before us,
petal by petal, layer upon layer.
The illumination of it comes from within
revealing a unique personality of its own.
And there is great reward to those,
who upon their patience,
will miss nothing in its entirety.
- Kim


I think people have a lot in common with roses, a lot of layers that when fully open reveal their whole.
But sometimes the thorns keep us from investigating further when really they beg the question will you give in to a little pain to find the true beauty? I have so many more thoughts about this but need to stop here, as I'm almost finished writing about something that I want to share with you . . . soon.

{People, acceptance, and random acts of kindness}

Up until a few weeks ago, I wouldn't have been able to tell you the last time I bought cut flowers.
But oh boy, give me some six dollar flowers and my spray bottle and it's like giving cat nip to a cat.
I can literally keep myself occupied for hours . . . {smile}

These were all taken with my 40 mm macro lens and I had a little fun experimenting with larger apertures on some of these. And since my subject couldn't be focused completely on the same plane (especially with all the petals), I had to choose which part I wanted in focus which makes a big difference artistically. 

 
1/60s, f6.3


{Shoot, edit, submit}
1/80s, f6.3
1/125, f5.0

1/60s, f6.3


1/80s, f3.5
I didn't get a chance to play with the textures I won from Bonnie at Pixel Dust Photo Art  so a
quick edit in Picnik.....Thanks again Bonnie!

{Photo Art Friday, Foto Friday}
1/60s, f4.5

This is from the same bunch, but by yesterday they weren't looking as fresh,
and I love how the color changed around the edges. Well, that and they looked like they were
sprinkled with fairy dust.

1/125s, f9.0

Here's to a great weekend, and seeing beyond those first petals.

Love, Kim
XO



 


Photo Art Friday

40 comments:

the hollie rogue said...

God's beauty captured by you again, friend! thanks for linking up

Kathryn Dyche said...

Gorgeous Kim, I'm a sucker for water droplets on petals . . . on anything for that matter. Have a good one.

Gina Kleinworth said...

Oh my word- it's PERFECT. That dew just makes me giddy!

urban muser said...

wow, you captured some beautiful light here!

EMily said...

Gorgeous macros...and love the bokeh!!

Jaymi said...

these shots are really beautiful! I love the last one, it almost looks like the rose is covered in glitter!

photo by ansku said...

Really lovely shots! And your photography is just amazing, glad to join as a follower!

Saun said...

Just gorgeous love the bokeh!!

Gillian said...

So pretty!!! These are absolutely stunning, i love the water droplets, so detailed!

Ida said...

Wow! These are stunning. The water drops just look amazing. - Loved the textured photo too.

Ida said...

Wow! These are stunning. The water drops just look amazing. - Loved the textured photo too.

Miriam said...

Simply stunning, I too can't resist water droplets on petals!

Pat said...

What lovely work, Kim!

Anonymous said...

They are all breathtaking. Love those droplets and the light is just perfect!

Lisa Gordon said...

I smile as I read your words about the flowers and the spray bottle, as I am the very same way!

This is a really beautiful series Kim.

Sending you wishes for a fantastic weekend!

Deanna said...

Well that does it...I am going to have to get me a spray bottle. Kim, these are just stunning. I'm happy you finally bought some roses, these are beauty beyond belief!!

Marilyn said...

I'm really intrigued with these photos. I must get a macro lens. Did the spray bottle give you the "fairy dust"? All are just beautiful!

Nadege, said...

Wonderful macro shots...I love the one done for Photo Art Friday.

ceevee said...

Truly lovely shots of these beautiful flowers. Love the water drops on some

Kmcblackburn said...

Oh my gosh Kim....gasp and sigh!!! These are simply AMAZING! You sure know how to handle a squirt bottle :). And of course...your camera!

Unknown said...

Beautiful light, stunning color and gorgeous detail! Thank you for sharing!

...melody... said...

Beautiful photos! Love all the details you were able to capture. :)

kareninkenai said...

Amazing photos, Kim. Beautiful job. Thanks so much for the writing also. Karen (visiting from PAF)

Cassie @ Live.Laugh.L0ve. said...

Red is my favorite color & those are great pictures! SO beautiful!

Unknown said...

WOW!! These are gorgeous shots..

Marcie said...

Exquisite beauty..and such stunning color!

Monica S Engell said...

Wow! Stunning photos!
:)

Anonymous said...

Stunning and very professional

Deborah said...

breathtaking!

A Creative Grace said...

Just stunning macros of my favourite flower! I love those deep reds of the older petals too, gorgeous work :)

Sara said...

Gorgeous, I love the glittery water drops and bokeh!

Lori said...

These are so stunning, love the bokeh and the texture added to the image! Great macro Kim.

Thanks for sharing,
Lori

Anonymous said...

Beautiful roses.

Unknown said...

There are no words for those first two in particular... WOW! You are amazing, Kim! :)

PS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
PS said...

I loved the prose. or Poem? Either way I loved the words. Great stuff.

Cropped Stories said...

It's funny, I don't even care for roses, but these shots are so fantastic that I'd hang them on my wall! Great captures!

Michelle said...

These are GORGEOUS! The bokeh, the drops, the way you worded this post...I love it all!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Gorgeous work! Love the detail and variety you have included Kim.

Liz said...

What gorgeous images Kim... all of them!! Beautiful captures & a lovely edit in Picnik!!
Congratulations on your win for march in Shoot.Edit.Submit!! It was such a beautiful image. You have inspired me to get out of my comfort zone again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...