Friday, July 27, 2012

I'm a little behind . . .



May your mind whirl joyful cartwheels of creativity.
Your heart sing sweet lullabies of timelessness.
May your essence be the nectar of the open blossom of your joy.
May your spirit soar throughout the vast cathedral of your being.

- Jonathan Lockwood Huie



Well, I had all kinds of things I wanted to share with you today, beachy things, from the beach here, in Galveston. But, some things came up this week that got me behind AND I had the pleasure (insert much sarcasm here) to stand in line for hours yesterday while I renewed my drivers license . . . and with no a/c.

Nothing like waiting til the last minute, it expires on Sunday. I almost didn't pass the vision test. Apparently,
you have to read the entire line with or without help. No mixing and no matching with the help of readers. Your either all in or not....ha ha....and well I know this because I tried to read part of it with my glasses and part of it without. Hey that worked like a charm, bingo. But, the sheriff sitting at the end was paying just a bit too much attention to the girl behind the curtain the vision tester and made me do an entire line one way or the other. So I picked my poison and put my readers back on, she even dropped me down a line (sad face).  I breezed right through the first two sections, and that last one was really tough. I mean readers aren't for long distance, right? But thankfully, and I think she felt pity for me, I passed.....Yeah!  But does that now mean I need bifocals. OMG!! I guess I will find out next week . . .  

So, Foto Friday will resume in it's entirety next week, because I'm in need of some beach time where I always feel like a kid, especially because on Sunday the first digit of my age flips to a new decade! haha

Wishing you all an incredible weekend my friends!
Love, Kim
XO



photosbyleannePhoto Art Friday 

 
 
 

17 comments:

Sommerfugl Design said...

I am always leaving things to the last moment as well! Glad you passed the vision test! I really love the quote at the beginning of this post. Very lovely.

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Oh my ... one of those horrid days. Well, Sunday will be better and will hopefully kick off a decade free, flowing, creative life! Happy Birthday!!

Love your edit Kim. Thank you for sharing it with Photo Art Friday.

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

grrrr - I always type too fast. Left out "of" between "decade" and "free". Kind of need the of in there!!! :)

Sherri B. said...

DMV and no a/c combined? Now that is misery...lol. So glad you made it through your vision test, Kim. And I have a feeling that I'm a full decade ahead of you (with much thicker reading glasses)! :)

Your photo is lovely, as is the processing - enjoy your beach time!

Jeanne said...

Really love your photo and that quote is great. Glad you passed the reading test, and dont worry, if you need bifocals, the lineless ones are great.... and.... no one will have a clue

Pat said...

Lovely poem and image.
Have a happy birthday!

Cathy H. said...

Beautiful photo and poem! So glad you conquered the eye test!! Maybe it was the sweat in your eyes that kept you from seeing the letters!! I'm with Jeanne, lineless bifocals are the way to go!! I didn't even have a lot of trougle adjusting!!

Linda said...

Beautiful editing - lovely!!

terriporter said...

Oh, I can sympathize! My driver's license has already expired (didn't realize it was expiring until after the fact) and I need to get in and get it renewed. Supposed I'll be doing an eye test as well as a written test. Serves me right! I wear what they call "mono vision" contacts, one for close-up and one for distance, and they work like a charm! No bifocals! Talk to your eye doctor about them. Have a wonderful birthday and I hope you get to spend it at the beach.

Deanna said...

aha...saw that your pic of the beach was the winner over at "shoot, edit, submit"..I loved that shot, congrats. So you are going to be 30 right?? just like I am going to be 50 on my next birthday...!! happy birthday kiddo, enjoy with or without those bifocals.

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Must have been a relief to leave with your driver's licence renewed. On with more important things like photography.

Ross said...

Very nice image Kim! Good to know you passed the vision test! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work when I get back from holiday.

Ida said...

Simply Beautiful. Love everything about this.

Happy Birthday!!!

Stasha said...

Beautiful image. I am so behind Kim I am late for being late :)
Have fun on the beach.

Unknown said...

First and Formost...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :-)
And that cake...with buttercream frosting? oh my...be still my beating heart!!!
IT's a beautiful cake. I love how the water looks so golden on that last shot. Hope you have a fantastic "29th" birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

Pretty little photo. I like the texture you used.

Liz said...

Lovely image!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...